Search This Blog

Friday, June 3, 2011

A different kind of dance...


I saw you and my heart pumped hard

I thought I was having a heart attack

What was it about you that made me react that way?


In an air-conditioned room the temperature seemed to heat up fast, I could feel the warmth growing at my center

My face flushed

I tried to catch your eye but you paid no attention to me

I knew I had to talk to you so I followed you and in accident I am glad I made you smile

You shut the door of the van in my face and hit my arm, you said sorry and in pain I smiled a warriors smile

My hand was sure to bruise but my heart was victorious

Somebody introduced us, and while I was making small talk, I was already daydreaming, plotting our first date

My friends would laugh at me if they knew that it was in a church that we went first, I came from a catholic school but I seldom speak about my convictions; am sure they will be amused

Then came the endless days that I wonder about what you were doing, was I doing the right things to maintain your interest? Was I amusing enough? Were you telling a joke-should I laugh? Was it okay if I send you Candies and biomine on your long trip? Was it too early to ask you out for a movie?

Was I always staring at you? Was I bothering you by calling you every night until the wee hours of the morning and talking bout sweet nothings and nonsensical details about how our days went?

And then you said yes, to a question that has been perennially present in my head

I remembered it vividly, our first kiss was in a Cab, I asked you if I could, but you did not answer, I was nervous so I took a dive. I leaned my head towards you but

you did not move, you were looking into my eyes, slowly gradually I got closer, I could hear my heart pumping in my ears again, it seemed like an eternity to get to your lips

The more you I got closer the longer it seemed

And like a volt of electricity, sparks started flying when you replied with your own lips, its true what you see in cartoons, the plants and the bees seems to materialize before your eyes, dialogue boxes appear out of nowhere, its like the universe has conspired to make that moment happen. I could see you in the darkness I could feel you, I could smell you and my days became even better as we went on as us

Early on, I was told as a child that we have our 5 senses and serves specific functions. We see with our eyes, we smelled with our nose, we tasted with our tongue, we hear with our ears and felt with our skin

With you it was different for I know, that I only need to close my eyes and think about you and I could see, hear, touch, smell and feel you

I swear even my heart can speak, it talks about you and I hear it

I was in love, what a magical state. What a great and wonderful feeling

I like music and with you, the melody was perfect

Have I told you? All of these?

Did you know, that when I held your hands, I could feel not only your hands, but your entire life vibrate with mine?

We were meant for each other, it was only with you that my soul would rejoice at that sight and thought of you

And then ended...

I was nothing then, was in a place of black void, called existence. Downhill I tried my best to cope. I was half a note, half a soul, I never felt more incomplete.

Then I would receive a phone call and my spirits would rise. Then a meeting and I would be jubilant. You say you do not want to see me and tell me later how miserable you are that you didn't.

I try to call but and you do not answer yet you tell me that you wished you had.

I smile even when am sad because you say that the world has spoken that we are not meant to be, but if you look closer, you would see that it is the opposite, the world has decided long ago that you and I were supposed to be together yet we have not listened, take this for instance how is it that after all these years I love you more than I loved you then

It has been so long, so so so long

Like this letter

Still even you can not bear, not writing when I don't write

And not thinking about me even if you tried

But go ahead and take your time, find the answer to your uncertainties

I am just here, I will wait cause I already know

You will be the one I end up with, its as true as tomorrow the sun will surely rise, and when its raining, it does not mean that it is not there

I have found you and I will not let go, from this day on until the sun no longer shines, I will only dance with you and that is the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment