Search This Blog

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Like Christmas everyday

I remember I liked Christmas as a child

But I can not remember why

As an adult, responsibilities and just the regular daily grind made me forget the reasons


Or maybe its just like that when you get older, you forget things, and because of that insecurities sets in and I find myself in denial; the more I can not remember the more I want to find out what they were

So here I am staring at my computer, racking my brain desperately trying to figure it out

Was it the toys that I get during the Holidays? You know that feeling you get when your in amazement of something new; the many features, the cuteness, the fun...

Or the abundance of food? At how you get when your fully satisfied with your Moms delicious Roasted Chicken, or your Aunt' succulent ham.

Maybe, its because the family was always complete. The bonding, you feel that your at home, that you belong.

It might have been the Christmas breeze that seemed to magically blow your worries away. The experience is really different for everyone. For me it was that cold howling breeze that smells of sugarcane. Sweet, clean even mysterious

I do not know I really do not know, maybe its a combination of all that I have listed.

Although the more I think about it, the more its apparent to me that Christmas was never about the material things that you get, its really about how the season makes you feel or because of the happiness it brings.

And I smile.

Because I realized that was and am the luckiest guy in the world.

Because I have you.

And how does that translate to what am talking about?

Well think about it.

It is only with you do I get amazed at the littlest or the simplest of reasons.

I maybe walking, standing up, sitting down or whatever it is that I may be doing, a thought of you never fails to make me smile.

It is only with you that holding hands feels that amazing, I wont even describe how it makes me giddy, and alert and alive! Okay let me try, its like I am holding your spirit and you mine.

The time that I met you was the only time that I stopped wanting anything in life, all I every wanted was you.

It is only with you that I feel full, and delirious and I think your really delicious

Its only with you that I feel at home, to whom I belong.

I feel loved, and love the feeling of being in love with the woman of my dreams. Wow that's a mouthful.

Simply put.

Being with you feels like its Christmas everyday..

And although I may not have you for Christmas this year, its okay because I will have you, be with you, for the rest of my life.

I love you Fey, Merry Christmas today, and for the rest of my days...



No comments:

Post a Comment