Search This Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2011

The perfect date



Who would have thought that time shared in a videoke bar could hold such promise.

At first I tried to sing but I found it hard to focus on the lyrics because my eyes were drawn to you like a magnet.

So we ended up talking about a lot of things.

We spoke of everything and of nothing, both of us laughed constantly.

And then I told you that it was your turn to use the microphone but you told me that you were not drunk enough to even try.

I ordered more alcohol but none of them seemed to have an effect on us, so on it went, the banter and the jokes and the drinks kept of coming.

After two hours, I gave up encouraging you to sing because you never seemed to get intoxicated.

Just in time the intercom rang and we were asked if we wanted to extend but it was late so the waiter brought our bill and we left.

You were worried if I would still be able to drive so we stayed on the car chatting some more, and then it happened...

I felt it, it was there present, that feeling of warmth, its like there was an entity at the center of my heart, speaking.

I was at the drivers seat while you were in the passenger seat, I was careful to give you space, making sure that we had distance between us because I did not want to crowd you.

I kept talking because at that time you were suddenly quiet, I did not know what was happening and I felt the space of the car getting smaller and smaller by the minute.

Then the voice in me said,

"Kiss her", and I replied, "No I can't she might get angry".

I found it odd that I was having two different conversations, with you and with this voice inside of me yet, I understood everything, I was talking to you bout relationships, bout how I felt for you, how I think you were beautiful, how much I cared for what what happened to you, to us, and was happening still.


Until I realized that it was my heart speaking, and the feeling that I felt was of it rejoicing.

It was a weird experience, a good kind of weird.

I asked if you were okay.

You smiled and nod your head in confirmation.

But you were so silent, I was worried I did not know what you were thinking, I was afraid that you would hear my thoughts, loudly speaking asking me to hold you, it wants to feel you in my arms, to smell your fragrant perfume and taste your lips.

It remembers how it felt then, and anticipates how it must feel now.

Like a radio, I tried talk some more, to divert your attention to the scene outside the car, I made you laugh and I was glad.

I had to fold my arms to contain myself from the demands of my heart, "Hold her hands, Touch her face, come on you know you want to feel her lips against yours", "Don't be an idiot and listen to me!"

It was shouting, so I kept looking at your lips, and I said, "If you are troubled, maybe a kiss would help?", but you said, "No", smiling in apology.

I smiled back, made it appear that I was joking, so I kept blabbing, about everything under the sun, I was like a comedian, my projectile of subjects can be compared to an uncontrollable machine gun, it was awkward, because I knew that what I really wanted was to kiss you.

My heart was shouting now, "Your not only an idiot your a coward, so what if she slaps you it will be worth it!", I was in deep turmoil so I looked out, took a deep breathe and said, "Can't you feel it?", in silence another nod, the atmosphere by this time became thick, so thick you can slice it with a knife, both our breathes became shallow then without warning, you kissed me.

And what can I say?

It the greatest surprise of my life.

I am not capable of describing how that felt.

I do not posses enough knowledge to come up with the right words to explain the joy I felt when that happened!

The closest I can come up with is an analogy.

Do you know how loud fire alarms get, when you hear the sirens of those red trucks that come rushing in the streets to get to the burning house?

Or the way you those blasted bells loudly explodes and destroy the serenity in the middle of a fire drill.

Well...

Multiply this by a zillion, to the zillionth power and that is how it felt, only this time instead of the red flag showing the message Danger! Danger! Danger!

It displayed HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!! in bold rainbow colored letters!

Oh I wanted to shout!

To break into song, "O happy days! O happy days! like how the cast in Glee would break into song when they felt like it, I wanted to dance mixed steps of Mamboo, Swing and Tango but I did not because its a physical impossibility and I would surely get injured.

And we did not speak much after that, we just kissed and we kissed and we kissed some more...

Never have I experienced a date like that.

When I went home in the early morning of the next day, I realized that it really isn't the activity that makes a date great.

Its the person whom you are with.

With you, I have to tell you, that date was perfect...

Thinking about it now, I know what really happened.

My heart was not only cajoling me to kiss you, it was speaking to yours as well.

And yours spoke back.

They were happy, being together was like a celebration for them.

A reunion of two hearts meant to be together.

Like children they had no other concern than to hold each other tight and rejoice for that sweet moment given to them and our souls gave them permission.

Isn't that great?

We do not even have to talk. We can just stare at each other or kiss all day and hug and we would still be Euphoric.

I still smile, when I think about it and often wonder, while your away, why is it that when I think of you my heart smiles like it has found the reason to beat?


And the answer is, because you are its reason, its purpose, its drive and and its passion...

You own my heart and I yours and of course we share half a soul each..


I miss you Ganda I hope you like this one :).

No comments:

Post a Comment