Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Your power over me

As I sit down facing my laptop, looking at the snapshots that I took of you on our short video conversation.


And I can't believe how happy I am.

Stunned, repeatedly I move the arrows back and forth, viewing your beautiful photos, all of them perfect, all of them adding a hard pound on my chest, I try very hard disregard the tempo of the mouses sound as I shift from picture to picture, which rightly coincides to the beating of my heart.

Then I stop and stare and I can not move, I have to will myself to write to you and describe how I feel.

I close my eyes and feel the warmth that engulfs me, how does this feel?

I can hear my heart beat, even after we spoke even after you said you had to go to your cousins place.

I type and smile, I think and smile, I can no longer remove this smile that has been pasted on my lips ever since our last meeting, and I smile some more remembering the conversations we had just a while ago.

They were about your flight, they were about what you were eating, about how I got caught blowing you a kiss over the camera, they were everyday ordinary conversation which were made special and heartfelt because I was sharing them with you.

Why is it that I yearn to see you smile?

That I delight at the sound of your laughter?

I can now remember the kinds of dips and arches that your lips make when you speak when you are pensive when you kiss, when you sleep.

Why is it that I can not help but stare at you?

That I feel like you own me, and love how it feels?

Its you, only you, you have power over me.

You can ask me and I will say yes.

I would jump for you, roll over like a dog when you say so, swim the river of the Nile, climb mountains and be on foot for miles just to be near you.

Go ahead and take me, bring me to that place that we hold so dearly.

I come to you in complete surrender, I am yours all yours, body soul and spirit.

For this lifetime and the lifetimes that comes after that....

I am yours, I am yours....

No comments:

Post a Comment