Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

A Parents heartache


It was the perfect morning. We were talking nonsense in the car, laughing at your joke as you pretended to speak Korean but it was absolute gibberish.

When we got there I helped you with your bag and held your hand as we climbed the stairs.

 “We’re here!” I said with a smile and was going to give you a hug, but you saw your classmates and one of them shouted, “James is here!” because of that everyone cheered, “James is here! James is here!”

I saw how happy you were when you entered the classroom, I hurriedly shouted, “Have fun, I love you!” but you did not hear me, the door closed and I was left alone, badly needing a hug from you.

The time will come when you will no longer need me I know. But not yet please, for now I need for you to need me.

Ask me to feed you, and hold you when your afraid of the dark or carry you when your tired.

There are times when you want to do things on your own and it stings a little when I ask if you needed my help, and you say no.

If only I could I would make sure that nothing would harm you, I am sure I would pulverize anybody who will hurt you and show you how much I love you with all my might until the end of my days.

I could do that and more, all I ask you is never to forget about me.

You will always be my baby boy. May you always remember that it is Daddy, who loves you the most, long after I am gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment